No compression, no compromise!
PhotonX is a transport system (extender) for digital HD Video signals, based on a fibre optic connection. The transport system is transparent for EDID data as well as for HDCP decoding. Color depth reaches up to 16 bit per color. The technology behind is a bidirectional 6 channel WDM, where one channel is responsible for EDID return. The system is composed of a HDRX unit and a HDTX unit, where latter is used to configure the EDID handling. Maximum resolution for HDMI is 2560x1600, while the maximum resolution for DVI connection is 1920x1200 at 60 Hz. Audio is also transported for several standards as Dolby Digital, DTS, 8 channel PCM, DVD-Audio, SACD, MPEG, Dolby Digital Plus, TrueHD and dts-HD.
PhotonX is available in 2 versions:
- PhotonX Basic: Fiber optic transport system for HDMI signals of small size for fix installations and spare mobile use. Available with HDMI and DVI connector.
- PhotonX Multi: Fiber optic tansport system for HDMI signals with a robust half 19" case and configurable functionality:
- Single (one HDMI extender)
- Double (two HDMI extenders)
- Transceiver (two HDMI extenders, one up and the other downwards)
- Ethernet (one HDMI extender and one ethernet extender)
It simply works!